The best countertop water filters are an essential part of any home. They provide clean, safe drinking water for you and your family. With so many different types of countertop water filters on the market, it can be difficult to choose the right one for your needs. This guide will help you understand the different types of countertop water filters, their features, and how to choose the best one for your home. We will also provide reviews of some of the top countertop water filters on the market today.
10 Best Countertop Water Filters in 2023
- 💧TESTED BY SGS – Converts your tap water/well water(TDS<500 ppm) into great tasting drinking water by reducing impurities, sediment, PFOA/PFOS, Lead, Arsenicetc, Mercury, chlorine, TDS, Fluoride, Nitrate and etc.
- 💧 UV PURIFICATION SYSTEM – SimPure UV purification system combined with 3-Stages RO Filtration System, can take water purification to another level. Taste the difference!
- 💧 NO INSTALLATION REQUIRED – Plug-in and you’ll have purified water right away. One full set of quick changing twist-and-seal filters come included it. Get rid of the troubles caused by complicated installation and filter replacement. Compared to traditional Under-Sink Filtration, SimPure Y7P free from water source and space constraints, you can place and move SimPure water purifier to anywhere with power supply available, perfect for kitchen, bedroom, office, lobby, Outdoor RV etc…
- 💧 HIGH EFFICIENCY IN WATER PURIFYING – 4:1 pure to drain, highest water utilization rate of the RO system on the market. Using the Recycling Multi Filtration Technology, can save your water up to 1500%. Your will get a cup of purified water in about 15 sec by the the faster Dispense flow rate (418 GPD).
- 💧SERVING USA SINCE 2006 – Seattle, WA USA, SimPure dedicated in providing world-class quality of water filtration solutions. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, then we want to hear from you. Please contact our trained water specialists. And is available to answer any questions during the life of the product. (Please scroll down for replacement filter purchase options).
- COUNTERTOP FILTRATION + PREMIUM-QUALITY CARAFE: No plumbing or installation is required for this RO system. Simply plug this portable piece of tech into any power source and you’re ready to fill it up and go! Better yet, the water container is constructed of high borosilicate glass carafe instead of the traditional plastic, reducing the risk of secondary pollution and making this one of the best countertop water filter systems.
- POWER SAVING/WATER SAVING: Water system automatically enters power-saving standby mode when not in use to reduce power consumption. Leftover water from a cycle isn’t deemed wastewater so more water is saved to use for various household purposes.
- 4-STAGE FILTRATION: 4 levels of filtration are utilized to ensure the purest water possible. 99.9% of all possible contaminants are filtered out so you can confidently drink your own tap water.
- FILTER LIFE MONITOR: The countertop water filters last for a long time between 12-24 months to provide 1-2 years of clean drinking water before needing replacement. Filters are also designed to help save water with an impressive 2:1 Pure to Drain ratio. Monitor display shows the service life of filters and water quality so you can easily keep track of filter replacement and periodically switch out filter tubes.
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT/WARRANTY: 1-year warranty can be found in the manual or Bluevua official website. Simply scan the QR code and fill out the purchase information for 1-year manufacturer warranty registration. In addition, online customer service is also available for help. We stand behind our products and our company. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your Bluevua products, we offer a 30-day full refund and a 1-year warranty on all our products.
- 3-Stage Filtration – The Purewell gravity water filter system adopts a composite filter technology, can reduce most contaminants. The black carbon filter employs a 0.01μm hollow fiber UF membrane, a silver ion membrane and an activated carbon block to reduce chlorine and intercept rust, sediment, organic matter and heavy metals, etc. This water filter system has also passed authoritative NSF/ANSI 372 certification.
- Smaller Filter Pore Size – The filter pore size of Purewell gravity water filter is 0.01 microns so that it can filter out 99.99% tiny materials from the water while other brands’ filter pore size is only 0.2 microns. The smaller filter pore size, the higher filtering accuracy. What’s more, Purewell water filter system can maintain the optimal flow rate (4 gallon/hour) while the filter pore size is smaller.
- Comprehensive Accessories Set – This filter system ensures safety while staying stylish by adopting the 304 food-grade stainless-steel material for the housing, which ensures a durable and rugged structure. The 304 stainless steel spigot included in the system fits the chamber perfectly without any leaks. These accessories come out of the box, and you don’t have to spend extra money buying any additional accessories.
- Energy Saving – Relying on the principle of gravity filtration, no electricity is needed. The gravity water filter system is divided into upper and lower chambers. The upper chamber can be filled with unfiltered tap water, the lower chamber will get clean water after filtered. Because it does not require electricity, it can be used indoors and outdoors. NOTICE: When the bottom chamber is full of filtered water, please do not add tap water to the top chamber or it will leak out.
- Long Lifespan and Replaceable – The two carbon filters (black) can provide up to 6000 gallons drinking water, the service life of a single filter element is 3000 gallons (According to different water quality, the lifespan of the filter elements would be a little different). But for optimum performance, the filter elements should be replaced every 6 months. NOTICE: The filter element DOES NOT lower TDS value.
- ENJOY GREAT-TASTING TAP WATER EVERY DAY AT HOME- The Big Berkey System can be used on a countertop in your kitchen or office to transform bad-tasting tap water into delicious drinking water that’s also ideal for making your favorite beverages or cooking. Equipped with Black Berkey Elements, the Big Berkey System addresses over 200+ typical contaminants that could be present in tap water.
- POTABLE WATER IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS- Black Berkey Elements remove or dramatically reduce over 200+ typical contaminants that could be present in lakes, rivers, ponds, streams and other freshwater sources—no electricity, tools, or plumbing are required. The Big Berkey Water Filter System provides clean, refreshing potable water while camping, fishing, RVing, off-grid living and in emergencies, disaster preparedness and recovery scenarios.
- ECONOMICAL, LONG-LASTING- Black Berkey Elements provide filtered water for just pennies per gallon. Each pair of Black Berkey Elements lasts for up to 6,000 gallons before replacement is recommended. Elements may require replacement sooner based upon the quality of influent water. Each additional pair of Black Berkey Elements (sold separately) adds an additional 6,000 gallons of contaminant reduction.
- INDEPENDENT TESTING- Black Berkey Elements have been tested by accredited third-party labs that have reported that the elements remove or reduce over 200+ typical contaminants found in tap water and other freshwater sources.
- 2.25 GALLON CAPACITY- The portable Big Berkey System effortlessly filters water for about 1-4 people each day. Add additional Black Berkey Elements, sold in sets of 2, to increase the flow rate (the Big Berkey System can hold a maximum of 4 Black Berkey Elements). The system is just 19.25” tall and 8.5” in diameter.
- CLEAR HOUSING – See-through housing allows you to visually inspect the filter and know when it’s time for a filter change.
- ULTRA SAFE – Includes a standard 5 micron Carbon Block Cartridge that removes 95% of chlorine, odors, sand, silt, sediment and rust from your drinking water. Tested by independent third-party to meet NSF/ANSI Standards.
- EASY INSTALLATION – No drilling required. Portable and easy to install. Sleek and efficient design offers a natural look on any counter. Perfect for small spaces.
- COMPLETE FILTRATION – A standard 10 inch CTO cartridge, a plastic wrench, two faucet adapters, tubing and O-ring included for a leak-free install.
- TOP-NOTCH SUPPORT – 30 day money back guarantee, 1 year limited warranty and lifetime technical support from Atlanta, Georgia.
- CLEANER DRINKING WATER – Removes 76 contaminants*, including lead, chemicals and cysts, with a long-lasting carbon block cartridge. BPA free tank with stainless steel spout. (* see Cert. of Compliance under Product Details for more info)
- BETTER THAN BRITA – The Rocean filter removes 10x the contaminants than the standard Brita pitcher filters, which only filters 7 contaminants. (Brita model# OB03)
- CARTRIDGE LASTS 9X LONGER – Rocean’s filter lasts up to 390 gallons eliminating 2,953 plastic bottles. Brita OB30 filters must be replaced every 40 gallons.
- BEAUTIFUL WORKS-ANYWHERE DESIGN – The Pentair Rocean Reservoir is a beautiful addition to the kitchen counter-top, bathroom, nightstand, office, or anywhere you want cleaner, better tasting water.
- EASY SETUP / NO WAIT – No plumbing or installation. Just plug in, fill up reservoir and press the button to dispense cleaner water on demand.
- Very easy to install 💧 No need to drill holes or hire a plumber for this water filtration system. Simple twist-on installation makes it easy to set up. Fits most standard faucets with a 55/64″ thread. Comes with four additional faucet adapters. If none of the water purifier adapters fit your faucet, APEX EXPRT technical support will try to diagnose and provide additional adapters to complete your installation and get you your filtered water.
- Better tasting water 💧 The five stages of this sink water filter effectively reduce the most common impurities found in tap water, such as sediments, hydrogen sulfide, pesticides, chlorine, chloramine, and other harmful chemicals. It also reduces heavy metals such as lead, iron, and mercury to ensure the water tastes great and is clean & healthy. *El mejor filtro de agua para cocina.
- Much better water quality 💧 Once the water has been filtered with KDF-55 (heavy metal reduction media) and a charcoal water filter (coconut shell, healthy minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium are added to enhance the water’s pH level to alkalinity. ⭐ NOTE: This countertop water filter system does NOT lower TDS or PPM readings. If TDS or PPM removal is desired, a reverse osmosis drinking water filter is required. * filtros de agua para tomar de cocina no baja TDS o PPM ⭐
- Worth the money 💧 No longer need to carry heavy cases of water bottles, water filters eliminate that need. Countertop water filtration can not only save you money, but it is the responsible choice to eliminate the millions of plastic water bottles. Buying bottled water for daily home consumption gets expensive. One water faucet filter cartridge can last up to 4-6 months. (This may vary based on the quality of the feed water).
- Looks nice anywhere 💧 This counter top water filter is designed to be used in home kitchen, apartments, rental housing, and RVs. The MR-1050 is for municipal water only. Do not use with well water. Includes 30-day money-back and limited one-year manufacturer’s warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. * este purificador de agua es para agua municipal.
- Power Activated Filtration – This countertop filtered water dispenser is obsessively engineered to force unfiltered water through an ultra-dense filter block for an 8 ounce glass of clean, filtered water in only 8 seconds.
- Claryum Technology – Four different methods of advanced filtration work together to reduce up to 99% of 77 contaminants including lead, PFAS, chlorine, pesticides, microplastics and more. Removes 15x more contaminants than the leading pitcher filter while retaining beneficial minerals like calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
- Water You Can Trust – WQA tested and certified to NSF/ANSI Standards 42, 53 (includes P473), and 401. This water dispenser is also 100% BPA-free. Rest easy knowing that no chemicals are added during the filtration process.
- Eco-Friendly & Long-Lasting – One single clean water machine filter replaces more than 2,200 single-use plastic bottles and lasts up to 7.5x longer than the leading pitcher filter.
- No Installation & Easy Replacements – There is no need to disconnect/hook up water lines or call a plumber with this countertop water filter dispenser system. Filters 300 gallons of water or up to 6 months of routine use for clean, great-tasting drinking water.
- The iFilters Water filter system produces continuous supply of fresh, crisp, healthy and wonderful-tasting water from the tap, removing major contaminants down to 0.5 microns
- Installs to faucet within seconds with no tools
- Portable for use in Studio Apartments, Campers and RVs
- Filters and reduces: Sediment, Dirt, Rust Particles, Scale Particles, Cysts, Cryptosporidium, Entamoeba, Toxoplasma, Organic Chemicals, VOCs, Pesticides, Herbicides, Chlorine, Chlorine Taste & Odor
- Filters down to 0.5 microns
The Benefits of Installing a Countertop Water Filter
Installing a countertop water filter is an excellent way to ensure that the water you and your family consume is safe and free of contaminants. Countertop water filters are easy to install and maintain, and they provide a number of benefits that make them a great choice for any home.
One of the primary benefits of installing a countertop water filter is that it can remove a wide range of contaminants from your water. Countertop water filters are designed to remove chlorine, lead, and other contaminants that can be found in tap water. This ensures that the water you and your family consume is safe and free of harmful chemicals.
Another benefit of installing a countertop water filter is that it can improve the taste and smell of your water. Countertop water filters are designed to remove unpleasant odors and tastes from your water, making it more enjoyable to drink. This can be especially beneficial if you live in an area with hard water, as the filter can help to reduce the amount of minerals in the water.
Finally, installing a countertop water filter can help to reduce your environmental impact. By filtering your water at home, you can reduce the amount of plastic bottles you need to purchase, which can help to reduce your carbon footprint. Additionally, countertop water filters are designed to last for many years, so you won’t need to replace them as often as you would with other types of water filters.
In conclusion, installing a countertop water filter is an excellent way to ensure that the water you and your family consume is safe and free of contaminants. Countertop water filters are easy to install and maintain, and they provide a number of benefits that make them a great choice for any home.
How to Choose the Best Countertop Water Filter for Your Home
When it comes to choosing the best countertop water filter for your home, there are several factors to consider. First, you should consider the type of filter you need. There are several types of countertop water filters available, including reverse osmosis, activated carbon, and ultraviolet light filters. Each type of filter has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it is important to research each type to determine which one is best for your needs.
Second, you should consider the size of the filter. Countertop water filters come in a variety of sizes, so it is important to choose one that will fit in the space you have available. Additionally, you should consider the flow rate of the filter. The flow rate will determine how quickly the water is filtered, so it is important to choose a filter with a high flow rate if you want to get the most out of your filter.
Third, you should consider the cost of the filter. Countertop water filters can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars, so it is important to consider your budget when making your decision. Additionally, you should consider the maintenance requirements of the filter. Some filters require more frequent maintenance than others, so it is important to choose a filter that is easy to maintain.
Finally, you should consider the warranty of the filter. Most countertop water filters come with a warranty, so it is important to read the warranty carefully to make sure you are getting the best protection for your investment.
By considering these factors, you can ensure that you choose the best countertop water filter for your home. With the right filter, you can enjoy clean, safe drinking water for years to come.
The Pros and Cons of Different Types of Countertop Water Filters
Countertop water filters are an increasingly popular way to ensure that the water you drink is free from contaminants. There are several types of countertop water filters available, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Understanding the pros and cons of each type of filter can help you make an informed decision when selecting the best filter for your needs.
Reverse Osmosis Filters
Reverse osmosis filters are among the most effective types of countertop water filters. They use a semi-permeable membrane to remove contaminants from the water, including bacteria, viruses, and heavy metals. The main advantage of reverse osmosis filters is their high level of filtration, which makes them ideal for removing a wide range of contaminants. However, they can be expensive and require frequent filter changes.
Carbon filters are one of the most common types of countertop water filters. They use activated carbon to remove contaminants from the water, including chlorine, lead, and other chemicals. Carbon filters are relatively inexpensive and easy to maintain, making them a popular choice for many households. However, they are not as effective at removing bacteria and viruses as other types of filters.
Ultraviolet filters use ultraviolet light to kill bacteria and viruses in the water. They are highly effective at removing these contaminants, making them a good choice for households with a high risk of waterborne illnesses. However, they are more expensive than other types of filters and require regular maintenance.
Distillation filters use heat to evaporate water and then condense it back into a liquid form. This process removes contaminants from the water, including bacteria, viruses, and heavy metals. Distillation filters are highly effective at removing contaminants, but they can be expensive and require frequent filter changes.
By understanding the pros and cons of each type of countertop water filter, you can make an informed decision when selecting the best filter for your needs. Each type of filter has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it is important to consider your specific needs before making a purchase.
The Latest Innovations in Countertop Water Filters
Countertop water filters are becoming increasingly popular as people become more aware of the potential health risks associated with drinking unfiltered tap water. The latest innovations in countertop water filters offer a range of features designed to make them more effective and easier to use.
One of the most recent developments in countertop water filters is the use of multi-stage filtration systems. These systems use a combination of carbon, sediment, and other filtration media to remove a wide range of contaminants from the water. This type of filter is particularly effective at removing chlorine, lead, and other heavy metals, as well as organic compounds such as pesticides and herbicides.
Another recent innovation is the use of reverse osmosis technology. This type of filter uses a semi-permeable membrane to remove dissolved solids, bacteria, and other contaminants from the water. Reverse osmosis filters are particularly effective at removing fluoride, nitrates, and other dissolved solids.
The latest countertop water filters also feature improved design features. Many models now come with a built-in water reservoir, allowing you to store filtered water for later use. This is particularly useful if you don’t have access to a reliable source of filtered water. Some models also come with a built-in water-testing system, allowing you to monitor the quality of your water.
Finally, many countertop water filters now come with a range of additional features designed to make them easier to use. These include digital displays, automatic shut-off valves, and even voice-activated controls.
Overall, the latest innovations in countertop water filters offer a range of features designed to make them more effective and easier to use. By taking advantage of these features, you can ensure that you and your family are drinking clean, safe water.
The Cost of Installing a Countertop Water Filter
Installing a countertop water filter is an excellent way to ensure that your family has access to clean, safe drinking water. However, before you make the decision to install a countertop water filter, it is important to understand the cost associated with such an installation.
The cost of installing a countertop water filter will vary depending on the type of filter you choose and the complexity of the installation. Generally speaking, the cost of a countertop water filter can range from as little as $50 to as much as $500 or more.
The most basic countertop water filters are typically the least expensive. These filters are typically installed directly onto the faucet and require no additional plumbing or installation. These filters are typically the most affordable option, but they may not provide the same level of filtration as more expensive models.
More complex countertop water filters may require additional plumbing and installation. These filters are typically more expensive, but they may provide a higher level of filtration. Additionally, these filters may require professional installation, which can add to the overall cost.
In addition to the cost of the filter itself, you may also need to purchase additional supplies such as tubing, fittings, and connectors. These supplies can add to the overall cost of the installation.
Finally, you may need to hire a professional plumber to install the filter. The cost of hiring a professional plumber will vary depending on the complexity of the installation and the plumber’s rates.
Overall, the cost of installing a countertop water filter can range from as little as $50 to as much as $500 or more. It is important to consider all of the costs associated with the installation before making a decision.
How to Maintain and Care for Your Countertop Water Filter
Countertop water filters are an excellent way to ensure that your drinking water is free of contaminants and safe to consume. To ensure that your filter continues to provide clean, safe water, it is important to maintain and care for it properly. Here are some tips to help you keep your countertop water filter in good working order.
1. Change the filter regularly. Depending on the type of filter you have, you may need to change the filter every few months or every year. Check the manufacturer’s instructions to determine how often you should replace the filter.
2. Clean the filter housing. To keep your filter working properly, it is important to clean the filter housing regularly. Use a soft cloth and warm, soapy water to wipe down the housing. Be sure to rinse the housing thoroughly after cleaning.
3. Check the filter for clogs. Over time, the filter can become clogged with sediment and other particles. If you notice a decrease in water flow, check the filter for clogs. If the filter is clogged, replace it with a new one.
4. Store the filter properly. When not in use, store the filter in a cool, dry place. Do not store the filter in direct sunlight or near a heat source.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your countertop water filter continues to provide clean, safe drinking water. Regular maintenance and care will help extend the life of your filter and keep it working properly.
The Best Countertop Water Filters for Different Households
When it comes to choosing the best countertop water filter for your home, there are a few factors to consider. Depending on the size of your household, the type of water you have access to, and the level of filtration you need, the best countertop water filter for you may vary. Here, we will discuss the best countertop water filters for different households.
For households with a small number of people, a basic countertop water filter may be sufficient. These filters typically use a carbon filter to remove chlorine, sediment, and other contaminants from the water. They are relatively inexpensive and easy to install.
For households with a larger number of people, a more advanced countertop water filter may be necessary. These filters typically use a combination of carbon and reverse osmosis filters to remove a wider range of contaminants. They are more expensive and require more maintenance, but they provide a higher level of filtration.
For households with access to well water, a countertop water filter with a sediment filter is recommended. These filters are designed to remove sediment, rust, and other particles from the water. They are relatively inexpensive and easy to install.
For households with access to city water, a countertop water filter with a multi-stage filtration system is recommended. These filters typically use a combination of carbon, reverse osmosis, and ultraviolet light to remove a wide range of contaminants. They are more expensive and require more maintenance, but they provide a higher level of filtration.
No matter what type of water you have access to, there is a countertop water filter that is right for your household. By considering the size of your household, the type of water you have access to, and the level of filtration you need, you can find the best countertop water filter for your home.
The best countertop water filters are an excellent way to ensure that you and your family are drinking clean, safe, and healthy water. They are easy to install and maintain, and they come in a variety of styles and sizes to fit any budget. With the right filter, you can enjoy clean, great-tasting water without the worry of contaminants.