The best dog travel crate is an essential item for any pet owner who wants to take their furry friend on the road. Whether you’re going on a road trip, flying to a new destination, or just taking your pup to the vet, having a secure and comfortable crate is essential. Not only does it provide a safe and secure environment for your pup, but it also helps to keep them calm and comfortable during the journey. With so many different types of crates available, it can be difficult to know which one is best for your pup. In this guide, we’ll discuss the different types of crates, the features to look for, and the best dog travel crates on the market.
10 Best Dog Travel Crate in 2023
- 2 doors (top and front); mesh windows and front door for ventilation on all 4 sides
- Secure zipper closures; fastening straps keep unzipped rolled-up doors positioned neatly out of the way
- PVC frame and polyester fabric; sets up in seconds (no tools needed); folds flat for easy transport and compact storage
- Measures 26.3 by 18.1 by 18.1 inches; backed by an Amazon Basics limited one-year warranty
- Please ensure to use product with crate-trained dogs only
- Size: 36″ long x 24″ wide x 28″ high; 2″ wider and 4″ higher than most other brand 36″ soft crates, so the EliteField soft crate makes your dog feel more spacious; fully assembled; set-up and fold-down in seconds, no tools needed
- The crate frame is made of strong steel tube; the crate cover is made of high quality durable 600D fabric and hex mesh fabric; a well ventilated, stylish, lightweight and durable crate
- Three mesh doors (on the top, front, and side) for convenience and for sunlight and breathability; two accessory pockets on the top and side; removable and washable cover and bed
- Free carrying bag and fleece bed included; a handle and hand carrying straps on the crate, hand carrying straps and adjustable padded shoulder strap on the carrying bag allow for many carrying options; folded crate with just 3″ height for easy transport and storage
- 2 Year Warranty from EliteField, a New York-based Pet Product Manufacturer. The “EliteField” brand is ranked #1 under Amazon’s “Soft Dog Crate” category. This can be seen through searching for “Soft Dog Crate” on Amazon. Product Quality Guarantee, 100% Money-Back Guarantee, Customer Satisfaction Guarantee (See important information in “Product Description” section below)
- PRACTICAL AND PORTABLE: The size of this cat carrier is: 17.3*12.2*13.4 inch, Recommend for pets up to 15lbs ( Please measure the size and weight of your pet before purchasing this product). It comes with a folding blue bowl comes in and a soft cushion. With this lightweight dog carrier bag, you can take your pet anywhere, and let your pet and you have a wonderful and happy trip.
- GREAT DESIGN: This portable dog carrier is made of durable grade polyester. It can be kept in good shape with a support board. Meanwhile, it has a breathable mesh on all three sides to ensure normal circulation of air inside the box. There is a small pocket on the outside of the cat carrier bag to store things.
- SIMPLE CLEANING: This pet carrier is dark in color, it is not easy to get dirty. You can clean the stains and dirt from the surface with a soft brush. The soft cushion inside the pet carrier bag is removable and can be washed by hand or machine! It allows you to easily solve all stains without worries.
- WIDE USE: You can use it as a tote bag or shoulder bags with adjustable strap. The carrying handles with a pad can be glued for a comfortable hand feeling. Perfect for transportation by car, train, plane, etc. In addition to serving for pets, you can also use it to load other items such as clothes, shoes, etc. Note: Check with specific airline regulations before boarding
- BREATHABLE AND SAFE : The breathable and ventilated design allows pets to observe the surrounding environment well, which can effectively reduce pets’ anxiety and make them more comfortable during travel. No matter when or where you use it, it gives your pet good protection.
- COLLAPSIBLE DOG CRATE: Portable dog crates use strong yet lightweight steel tube design that can be foldable in a jiffy, No accessories are needed during installation, You only need to fasten or disassemble the two buckles to achieve quick installation and storage, Can be completed in a two seconds and easier to carry is lighter.
- DIMENSIONS: 31″L x 23″W x 23″H, Pettycare folding dog crate have multiple size options for small, medium and large dogs. Which provides a safe, enough living space and comfortable dwelling for your lovely pet. Please measure your pet before buying kennel.
- 5-SIDED MESH WINDOWS AND THREE MESH DOORS : For convenience and for sunlight and breathability, The crate’s 5-sided mesh window features high ventilation and 3-sided door can be unzipped and keep the mesh-fabric flap rolled up and secured out of the way to allow your dog to come and go freely.
- STURDY AND DURABLE: Crafted of 600D Cationic Oxford fabric and heavy-weight mesh, it boasts reliable sturdiness.and also very easy to clean and maintain.There are anti-collision protection pads on the four corners to protect the pet cage from wear and tear, as well as protect home decoration and car interiors.
- MULTIPLE WAYS OF CARRYIING: A handle and hand carrying straps on the travel dog crate suitable for indoor, outdoor, training. It can also be used in the co-pilot or trunk of the car when traveling, and the portable design makes it easy to carry.
- Reliable Frames: This wheeled pet carrier is firmly structured with stainlesss steel frame, strong enough to keep the shape of dog crate. The frame is easy assembly without tools needed. Suitable for pets under 20 lbs only. NO AIRLINE APPROVED.
- Rolling Dog Carrier: The removable wheels roll effortlessly and swivel 360 degrees so you can easily maneuver this carrier. The side release buckle is convenient for fix the telescopic handle, no more squatting your knees.
- Well Ventilated: This cat carrier with wheels has multiple breathable mesh windows for optimal airflow and maximum visibility. With top and side openings, pets can get in and out of the bag easily.
- Safety: This dog carrier with wheels is equipped with a cozy mat for your pet to stay comfortably. And the inner safety leash prevents your pet from escaping. Side storage pocket and front pocket for pet’s treats and toys.
- Perfect Gift Idea: The rolling pet carrier will help your pet to realize the dream of traveling. Perfect dog carriers for cats or dogs to car travel, road trip, or go to the vet.
- If you’re looking to purchase a collapsible dog crate that combines all the practical functions, this dog crate is definitely your first choice. It’s incredibly lightweight and more convenient to carry compared to a heavy metal crate. And also our soft sided dog crate body is higher than the others, so your pet can stay more comfortable inside. Note: Not recommended for use on airplanes.
- When you travel outdoors you can put the collapsible dog crate in the trunk or back seat of your car (Fit for SUV) and travel with your pets. While you travel back home it can be used as an indoor dog kennel as well. And what’s more our travel dog crate can be completely folded flat, so it won’t take up too much space, especially when you move, you will find it’s a great choice.
- The top of the collapsible dog crate and crate body is made of waterproof oxford cloth against raindrop and a four-sided mesh window provide proper air circulation and great visibility. The front mesh door of dog crates for meduim dogs with double lockable zippers is anti-scratch and escape-proof.
- Our collapsible dog crate is made of reinforced anti-scratching fabric and anti-bite mesh with two-layer sewing making them more durable to use. The double fiber rods on both sides of the top and the built-in wire structure in the frame, so our portable dog crate is not only strong enough to keep it from damaging but also lightweight.”
- This collapsible dog crate is suitable for small to medium sized dogs weighing up to 30 lbs. Please measure your pet correctly before purchase so that it fits comfortably in the kennel.
- Soft-sided carrier crate for pets that collapses down easily for storage
- Made with durable polyester and PVC material
- Well-ventilated with multiple screened panels for your pet to look out of
- Includes plush fleece-covered pet bed for comfort while on the road
- Accessory pockets on the top and sides for storing treats, toys, and more
- Newly enhanced with added security features to keep your pet safe | Slide-bolt door latch now feature patented Paw Block and locking tip s to create a safer, more secure home for your pet
- iCrate single door dog crate measures 30L x 19 x 21 inches and is suitable for medium dog breeds with an adult weight of 25 to 40 pounds. If your dog’s weight or measurements are on the higher side for this crate, we recommend buying the next crate size up
- Dog crate includes a divider panel, durable & leak-proof plastic pan, protective rubber feet, carrying handle, and customer support team based in Indiana
- Easy to assemble & portable | Dog crate sets up in seconds with no tools required and conveniently folds flat for travel
- Durable & strong, quality construction creates a secure place for your dog to fulfill their natural instinct to den. Proper ventilation, large door openings with low thresholds, and rounded corner clips make iCrate a safer crate experience for your dog
- TRAVEL KENNEL: This medium dog travel kennel features tie-down strap holes, wire vents for ventilation a raised interior to keep pets safe and comfortable Perfect for dogs 50-70 lbs Measures: 36″
- AIRLINE-ADAPTABLE: This extra large dog crate meets most airline cargo specifications Made with heavy duty recycled plastic material The travel crate features an easy-open front latch to quickly access pets
- KENNELS HOUSES: Crate kennel training is vital for dog safety comfort We provide traditional travel carriers, wire training exercise kennels, play pens, barn-style dog houses more
- Petmate: For over 50 years, we at Petmate are passionate about our dogs, cats furry friends in general Starting with the very first dog kennel, we’ve produced plenty of eco-friendly products that pets will love
- JUST FOR PETS: Petmate makes a variety of pet products for dogs, cats, chickens other small furry friends Check out our brands such as Aspen Pet, Arm Hammer, Booda, Chuckit, Jackson Galaxy more
- Hard Sided Dog Carrier | Spree is suitable as a “Toy” breed dog carrier, cat carrier, small bird carrier & small animal carrier for quick trips to the Veterinarian, pet store, dog park, etc..
- Dog carrier interior dimensions: 17.91L x 11.5W x 12H inches & doorway measures 7.16W x 7.63H inches, blue. BPA Free
- Pet carrier is available in 3 fun & fashionable colors & the design provides proper air circulation / visibility for your pet; Spree dog carrier is ideal for short trips
- Dog carrier made of durable, easy-to-clean plastic & includes built in carrying handle. Spree features a patented, quick & easy 5 step, no tools assembly. Our pet carrier assembles much easier than competitor carriers that use “nut & bolt” assembly
- Quality pet carrier; each Spree dog carrier includes our MidWest Homes for Pets Quality Guarantee 1-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
How to Choose the Best Dog Travel Crate for Your Pet
Traveling with your pet can be a fun and rewarding experience, but it is important to make sure that your pet is safe and comfortable during the journey. One of the best ways to ensure your pet’s safety and comfort is to invest in a quality dog travel crate. When choosing the best dog travel crate for your pet, there are several factors to consider.
First, you should consider the size of the crate. The crate should be large enough for your pet to stand up, turn around, and lie down comfortably. If the crate is too small, your pet may become anxious and uncomfortable. Additionally, you should make sure that the crate is made of durable materials that can withstand the wear and tear of travel.
Second, you should consider the type of crate. Soft-sided crates are lightweight and easy to transport, but they may not provide enough protection for your pet during travel. Hard-sided crates are more secure and provide more protection, but they can be heavier and more difficult to transport.
Third, you should consider the features of the crate. Look for crates that have secure latches, ventilation panels, and removable trays for easy cleaning. Additionally, you should make sure that the crate is airline-approved if you plan to travel by air.
Finally, you should consider the cost of the crate. Quality crates can be expensive, but they are worth the investment if they provide your pet with a safe and comfortable travel experience.
By considering these factors, you can find the best dog travel crate for your pet. With the right crate, you can ensure that your pet is safe and comfortable during your travels.
The Benefits of Using a Dog Travel Crate
A dog travel crate is a great way to keep your pet safe and secure while traveling. It provides a safe and comfortable environment for your pet, and can help reduce stress and anxiety during long trips. Here are some of the benefits of using a dog travel crate.
Safety: A dog travel crate is designed to keep your pet safe and secure while traveling. It is made of sturdy materials that can withstand the rigors of travel, and it is designed to keep your pet from escaping or getting injured. The crate also provides a secure environment for your pet, which can help reduce stress and anxiety during long trips.
Convenience: A dog travel crate is easy to transport and store. It is lightweight and collapsible, so it can easily fit in the trunk of your car or in the overhead compartment of an airplane. It also comes with a carrying handle, so you can easily take it with you wherever you go.
Comfort: A dog travel crate is designed to provide a comfortable environment for your pet. It is made of soft materials that are comfortable for your pet to lie on, and it is designed to provide plenty of ventilation. This helps to keep your pet cool and comfortable during long trips.
Security: A dog travel crate is designed to keep your pet secure while traveling. It is made of strong materials that can withstand the rigors of travel, and it is designed to keep your pet from escaping or getting injured. The crate also provides a secure environment for your pet, which can help reduce stress and anxiety during long trips.
These are just a few of the benefits of using a dog travel crate. It is a great way to keep your pet safe and secure while traveling, and it can help reduce stress and anxiety during long trips.
Tips for Making Travel Easier with a Dog Travel Crate
1. Choose the Right Size Crate: When selecting a travel crate for your dog, make sure to choose one that is the right size for your pet. The crate should be large enough for your dog to stand up, turn around, and lie down comfortably.
2. Make the Crate Comfortable: Place a soft blanket or bedding inside the crate to make it more comfortable for your pet. This will also help to reduce anxiety and make the crate feel more like home.
3. Introduce the Crate Gradually: Before you take your dog on a trip, introduce them to the crate gradually. Start by leaving the door open and placing treats inside. As your dog becomes more comfortable, you can start closing the door for short periods of time.
4. Practice Traveling: Before you take your dog on a long trip, practice traveling with them in the crate. This will help them become accustomed to the motion of the car and reduce anxiety.
5. Secure the Crate: Make sure to secure the crate in the car with a seatbelt or other secure device. This will help to keep your pet safe in the event of an accident.
6. Provide Adequate Ventilation: Make sure that the crate is well-ventilated. This will help to keep your pet cool and comfortable during the trip.
7. Take Breaks: When traveling with your pet, make sure to take regular breaks. This will give your pet a chance to stretch their legs and use the bathroom.
8. Pack Necessary Supplies: Make sure to pack all of the necessary supplies for your pet, such as food, water, and toys. This will help to make the trip more enjoyable for both you and your pet.
The Best Dog Travel Crates for Different Sized Dogs
When traveling with your dog, it is important to ensure their safety and comfort. The best way to do this is to invest in a quality dog travel crate. The right crate will depend on the size of your dog, as well as the type of travel you are doing. Here are some of the best dog travel crates for different sized dogs.
For small dogs, the best option is a soft-sided crate. These crates are lightweight and easy to transport, making them ideal for air travel. They also provide plenty of ventilation and visibility for your pup. Look for a model with a sturdy frame and plenty of padding for extra comfort.
For medium-sized dogs, a plastic or wire crate is the best option. These crates are lightweight and easy to transport, but also provide plenty of security and ventilation. Look for a model with a secure latch and plenty of room for your pup to move around.
For large dogs, a heavy-duty plastic or metal crate is the best option. These crates are designed to provide maximum security and comfort for your pup. Look for a model with a secure latch and plenty of room for your pup to move around.
No matter what size dog you have, it is important to invest in a quality dog travel crate. The right crate will ensure your pup’s safety and comfort while traveling. With the right crate, you can rest assured that your pup will have a safe and comfortable journey.
How to Keep Your Dog Comfortable in a Dog Travel Crate
Traveling with your dog can be a great way to bond and explore new places together. However, it is important to ensure that your pup is comfortable and safe during the journey. One of the best ways to do this is to use a dog travel crate. Here are some tips to help keep your dog comfortable in a dog travel crate:
1. Choose the Right Size Crate: It is important to choose a crate that is the right size for your dog. The crate should be large enough for your pup to stand up, turn around, and lie down comfortably.
2. Make the Crate Cozy: Place a soft blanket or bed inside the crate to make it more comfortable for your pup. You can also add a few of your pup’s favorite toys to keep them entertained.
3. Get Your Dog Used to the Crate: Before traveling, get your pup used to the crate by placing treats and toys inside and encouraging them to explore. You can also take them on short car rides in the crate to get them used to the motion.
4. Take Breaks: During long trips, it is important to take regular breaks to let your pup out of the crate and stretch their legs. This will help keep them comfortable and prevent them from getting too restless.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your pup is comfortable and safe during your travels. With the right preparation, you and your pup can have a great time exploring together.
The Pros and Cons of Different Types of Dog Travel Crates
Traveling with a dog can be a great way to bond with your pet and explore the world together. However, it is important to ensure that your pet is safe and comfortable during the journey. One of the best ways to do this is to use a dog travel crate. There are several types of dog travel crates available, each with its own set of pros and cons.
Soft-sided crates are lightweight and easy to transport. They are also usually collapsible, making them ideal for those who need to save space. However, they are not as durable as other types of crates and may not provide enough protection for more active dogs.
Hard-sided crates are more durable than soft-sided crates and provide more protection for your pet. They are also usually more secure, making them a good choice for dogs who are prone to escape. However, they are heavier and more difficult to transport.
Wire crates are lightweight and easy to transport, making them a great choice for those who need to save space. They also provide good ventilation and visibility for your pet. However, they are not as secure as other types of crates and may not provide enough protection for more active dogs.
Plastic crates are lightweight and easy to transport, making them a great choice for those who need to save space. They are also more secure than wire crates and provide more protection for your pet. However, they are not as durable as other types of crates and may not provide enough ventilation for your pet.
When choosing a dog travel crate, it is important to consider the pros and cons of each type. Depending on your needs, one type may be better suited for your pet than another. By taking the time to research the different types of dog travel crates, you can ensure that your pet is safe and comfortable during your journey.
The Best Dog Travel Crates for Long Distance Travel
Traveling with your dog can be a great way to bond and explore the world together. However, long distance travel can be stressful for both you and your pup. To ensure your pet’s safety and comfort, it is important to invest in a quality dog travel crate.
When selecting a travel crate, there are several factors to consider. First, you should make sure the crate is the right size for your dog. It should be large enough for your pup to stand up, turn around, and lie down comfortably. Additionally, the crate should be made of durable materials that can withstand the rigors of travel. Look for crates made of metal or plastic that are designed to be lightweight and easy to transport.
You should also consider the features of the crate. Look for crates with secure latches and ventilation holes to ensure your pup has plenty of air circulation. Additionally, look for crates with removable trays for easy cleaning. Finally, make sure the crate is airline approved and meets all safety regulations.
By investing in a quality dog travel crate, you can ensure your pup is safe and comfortable during long distance travel. With the right crate, you can enjoy a stress-free journey with your furry friend.
The Best Dog Travel Crate is an excellent choice for pet owners who want to keep their furry friends safe and secure while traveling. It is lightweight, durable, and easy to assemble, making it a great option for those who need to transport their pet in a safe and comfortable way. The crate also comes with a variety of features, such as a removable floor tray, adjustable straps, and a comfortable handle, making it a great choice for pet owners who want to make sure their pet is safe and secure while traveling.