A dog hair mop is a cleaning tool specifically designed to remove dog hair from surfaces such as floors, furniture, and clothing. It typically consists of a handle with a mop head made of a material that effectively attracts and removes dog hair. The mop head may be made of a synthetic material such as microfiber, which is known for its ability to pick up and hold onto fine particles, or it may be made of natural materials such as rubber or sheep’s wool. Some dog hair mops may also have a built-in rubber blade or bristles to help loosen and remove stubborn clumps of hair.
Dog hair mops are a useful tool for pet owners, as they can help keep homes clean and free of pet hair, which can be especially problematic for people with allergies. They are also effective at removing pet hair from clothing and other fabrics. Some dog hair mops are designed for use on wet surfaces, making them ideal for cleaning up after baths or wet weather.
To use a dog hair mop, you simply sweep it over the surface you wish to clean, using a back and forth motion. The mop head will attract and remove the dog hair, which can then be easily disposed of or collected for reuse. Some dog hair mops come with a removable mop head that can be washed and reused, while others are disposable and should be replaced when they become too dirty.
The 10 Best Dog Hair Mops of 2023：Our Recommendation
1.Bissell Symphony Pet Steam Mop
- Powerful vacuum suction
- High/low steam function
- Great for hardwood floors
- Great for dog sitters and doggy boarding facilities with high paw traffic
- Suitable for bare wood, laminate, tile, and marble floors only
- Mop pads aren’t reusable, so you’ll need to keep up with the supply.
- Not cordless
The Bissel Symphony comes with four microfiber cloth pads: two regular and two scrubby ones. If you can’t clean a pet mess in one swipe, the high-power steam combined with the scrubby pad will help!
The only setback for this mop is its size. The mop weighs 10.6 pounds. If you’re looking for something lightweight, this may not be the option for you. But it’s still the best mop for dog urine in 2023.
2.Shark S3501 Steam Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner
- Super affordable
- Small tank
- Limited scrubbing power
The biggest drawback to the Shark S3501 Steam Pocket Mop is the small water tank. The lightweight frame and compact size sacrificed tank space meaning that you have to refill this unit up a lot compared to mops with a larger tank. If you have large floors that you clean often, you might find the small water tank to be burdensome. Otherwise, this is a great steam mop and is the best bang for your buck, pound for pound.
3.Turbo Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System
- Perfect microfiber design for pet hair
- Lightweight but durable
- Suitable for all types of floor
- Machine washable pads
- Ecofriendly and saves you money
- Can be used for dry and wet mopping
- It can be too large for small apartments
4.O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop
- It comes with a deep cleaning feature
- Washable and reusable
- Easy to use
- The handle is short.
5.Hoover Complete Pet Steam Mop
- Several attachments for a deep clean
- Hand-held option
- Great for hardwood floors and upholstery
- Mop pads glide easily on carpet and bare floors
- Soap not included with purchase
- Hand-held unit is clunky
- Have to hold down the trigger to get steam
- Not cordless
6.Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop
- Great cleaning pads
- Name brand
- Awkward design
The Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop is a cleaning tool that uses steam to sanitize and clean hard floor surfaces. It has a detachable hand-held steamer for cleaning above-floor surfaces and a triangular mop head for cleaning corners and hard-to-reach areas. The mop also has a built-in water tank and a variable steam control feature that allows you to adjust the amount of steam being released.
It is designed to be lightweight and easy to maneuver, making it a convenient option for cleaning your home or office. Some users have found it to be effective at removing stains and dirt from a variety of surfaces, including tile, linoleum, and sealed wood.
7.oshang Flat Floor Mop and Bucket Set
- Made of pet hair-attracting microfiber
- Soft material suitable for all floor types
- 360-degree swivel head
- Reusable and environmentally friendly mop pads
- Machine washable for easy cleaning
- Comes with a bucket for hand-free cleaning of the pad
- Can be used for wet and dry mopping
- Extension pieces of the handle are a bit awkward
- The material of the pad is quite thin
We love this mop for dog hair because it’s user-friendly and tackles pet hair with no problems at all.
It’s a set that comes with the mop handle, the mop head, microfiber pad, and a bucket you can use for washing and drying the pad – hands-free!
8.Bissell Power Fresh Steam Mop
- Comes with smart set digital steam control
- Kills off bacteria
- Easy to use
- The cord is short
The Bissell Power Fresh Steam Mop is a cleaning tool designed for use on hard floor surfaces. It uses steam to sanitize and clean your floors, and can be used to remove stains and dirt from a variety of surfaces, including tile, linoleum, and sealed wood. The mop features a triangular mop head for cleaning corners and hard-to-reach areas, as well as a built-in water tank and a variable steam control feature that allows you to adjust the amount of steam being released.
It also comes with a variety of attachments, including a grout brush, a scented water cartridge, and a carpet glider, making it a versatile tool for cleaning your home or office. Some users have found the Bissell Power Fresh Steam Mop to be easy to use and effective at removing stains and dirt from their floors.
9.O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop
- Hands-free wringing
- Washable microfiber pads
- Triangle mop head for corners
- No separate chamber for rinsing
- Small mop head size
- Mop head can loosen requiring you to re-screw it
The mop head is made of microfiber material, which is known for its ability to absorb liquids and effectively clean and dust surfaces. The mop also has a telescoping handle, making it easy to reach high and low surfaces. Some users have found the O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop to be a convenient and effective tool for cleaning their floors. It is suitable for use on a variety of surfaces, including tile, linoleum, and sealed wood.
10.iRobot Braava Jet M6 Ultimate Robot Mop
- It goes where you tell it
- Reduces cleaning time
- Can’t clean everywhere
- Not specifically made for pet owners
The Braava Jet M6 has a range of cleaning modes, including wet mopping, damp sweeping, and dry sweeping, and it can be used on a variety of hard floor surfaces, including tile, stone, and laminate. It can also be set to clean automatically on a schedule, so you can keep your floors clean without having to lift a finger.
Advantages and disadvantages of dog hair mop
A dog hair mop is a type of mop that is specifically designed to pick up and remove dog hair from floors and other surfaces. Some advantages of using a dog hair mop include:
- Efficient cleaning: Dog hair mops are specifically designed to pick up and remove dog hair, making them more efficient at cleaning up after pets than regular mops or vacuums.
- Easy to use: Dog hair mops are easy to use and require minimal effort to clean up dog hair. Simply sweep the mop over the surface and the hair will be collected in the mop head.
- Safe for all surfaces: Dog hair mops are safe to use on all types of flooring, including hardwood, tile, and carpet.
- Eco-friendly: Many dog hair mops are made with natural materials, making them a more environmentally-friendly choice for cleaning up after pets.
Some potential disadvantages of using a dog hair mop include:
- Limited use: Dog hair mops are only effective at picking up and removing dog hair, so they may not be suitable for general cleaning tasks.
- May not pick up all the hair: Depending on the design of the mop, it may not be able to pick up all the dog hair, especially if it is embedded in carpets or upholstery.
- May require frequent cleaning: If the mop head becomes too full of dog hair, it may need to be cleaned frequently to maintain its effectiveness.
- May not be suitable for long-haired breeds: If your dog has long hair, a dog hair mop may not be effective at picking up and removing all the hair. In this case, a regular vacuum may be a better choice.
A Detailed Guide to Buying a Dog Hair Mop
When buying a dog hair mop, there are several factors to consider to ensure you get the best product for your needs. Here is a detailed guide to help you choose the right dog hair mop:
- Determine your needs: Think about what you will be using the dog hair mop for. Do you have a small or large space to clean? Do you have a short- or long-haired dog? Answering these questions will help you determine the size and type of dog hair mop that will work best for you.
- Consider the material: Dog hair mops are made from a variety of materials, including rubber, microfiber, and natural fibers like cotton or bamboo. Rubber mops are great for picking up and removing wet messes, while microfiber mops are good for picking up dry debris. Natural fiber mops are eco-friendly and gentle on surfaces, but may not be as effective at picking up hair.
- Look for a mop with a removable head: A mop with a removable head is easier to clean and maintain, as you can simply remove the head and wash it when it becomes too full of hair. This will also save you money in the long run, as you won’t have to replace the entire mop as often.
- Consider the handle: The handle of the mop should be comfortable to hold and easy to maneuver. If you have a large space to clean, you may want to look for a mop with a longer handle to save your back.
- Check the price: Dog hair mops can range in price from under $10 to over $50. Determine your budget and look for a mop that fits your price range. Keep in mind that more expensive mops may have features like a removable head or multiple cleaning modes, but they may not necessarily be the best value for your money.
Answers to questions about buying a dog hair mop
Should I get a mop with a removable head?
A mop with a removable head is easier to clean and maintain, as you can simply remove the head and wash it when it becomes too full of hair. This will also save you money in the long run, as you won’t have to replace the entire mop as often.
How do I clean a dog hair mop?
To clean a dog hair mop, first remove the mop head if it is removable. Then, shake the mop head outside to remove as much hair as possible. Next, rinse the mop head under warm water to remove any remaining dirt or debris. If the mop head is very dirty, you may need to use a mild detergent to help remove the dirt. After cleaning the mop head, allow it to air dry before reattaching it to the handle.
How often should I replace a dog hair mop?
The frequency with which you should replace a dog hair mop will depend on how often you use it and how well it is maintained. If you use the mop regularly and clean the mop head frequently, it may last for several months or more. However, if the mop head becomes heavily soiled or damaged, you may need to replace it sooner.
Are dog hair mops suitable for all types of flooring?
Dog hair mops are generally safe to use on all types of flooring, including hardwood, tile, and carpet. However, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use to ensure that the mop is compatible with your specific type of flooring.